Saturday, February 27, 2010

Along the Time, the Story Never Changes

First I will go on saying that one of my all time favorite movies is Pride & Prejudice. I am not sure why this is such as a surprise, but Missie still finds this shocking. Anyway, I don't know if it happens that I just love the works of Jane Austen in particular, or if it is just this one love story.

Anyway, for the thousandth time, it seems, I am watching the movie. Here I will add that I am watching it with surround sound thanks to my wonderful father. As I am watching the movie, a sudden realization hits me. - the story line is almost a perfect corollary to the book, made into a movie, He's Just Not That Into You. Now I read the book years before it was made into a movie. Of course, when the movie came out, I went with a few of my girlfriends to see the movie.

There are many levels of odd that can be found within this blog: I would say the first and most prominent is the fact that I would enjoy such a hopelessly romantic movie such as Pride and Prejudice.

However, I shall now move on to where I see the connection. One of the overall lessons to be learned in the movie He's Just Not That Into You is This: if the guys is interested in you... he will go out of his way, put himself in fools way, and put himself out there to be either embarrassed or worse, rejected. If you happen to be watching the move Pride and Prejudice you will find that throughout the novel/movie while Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth do not seem to be "in love" with each other.... note- wherever she goes.. he always finds himself there. He is always saying something that either complicates her life, hurts her tremendously, or leaves her utterly confused. However, he is ALWAYS there. When she least expects is, he does the most outrageous thing and proposes to her.

So by thinking of the two movies as I watch one... I realize that yes. Stories of old, and stories of new- the principle is still the same. If the guy is interested..... he actually will do something to make his feelings known. If he is not.... well then it is safe to say that he is not interested, and it would be wise to move on.

I'd enjoy comments, thoughts, etc. on this particular blog. It just happened to flit through my brain while I was watching one of these movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment