Monday, October 18, 2010

In the Night

Sometimes in the middle of the night I wake
I've dreamed your beside me, I'm safe
Like a hit in the stomach, I realize its a mistake
Awake, and alone, although still I'm safe

Safe maybe from the night
but when dawn rises
It will be a daily fight
Going on and blending in with other's lives.


If we are to learn a lesson in life from our actions, I'm ready. I want to learn my lesson so I can move out of this cyclical battle, and move on to being able to live this life of love that I read about. I'm not naive enough to know that struggles never come. But for the second time in my life, I was naive enough to think you didn't have to fight those struggles alone.

As like the time before I will remember that I am not alone. There is One who is strong enough that can help me through the struggles, and be a better person

No comments:

Post a Comment