Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fish Are Friends, Not Food

So I'm wrapped in my blankie getting ready to watch Sleeping Beauty (not ONE word about the blankie.... we've been through a lot together) and I see a preview for Finding Nemo. For any of the following to make sense you should understand the following about me- vivid imagination doesn't cover it. I am lucky enough to have one of those imaginations that allows for vivid dreams, and I also can find the most random tangents/parallels from just about anything. The following is the random connection I made from the Finding Nemo preview and my life:

Nemo was just out to have a little adventure when he finds himself scooped up and in a whole new world. His dad was able to find the courage to go out across the open ocean in search for his son. Now while I haven't crossed an open ocean alone, I have picked up and started over twice in my life. I still haven't found what I'm searching for... mostly because I don't know what I'm searching for, but I have faced some crazy people and situations along the way. Since it's been awhile since I've seen the entire movie, only a few connections came to mind.

While I don't have someone in my life who keeps forgetting what I'm looking for, I do have people in my life who convince me to "just keep swimming." It's almost the opposite of the movie. It's like I keep forgetting what I'm searching for, but they know & so they remind me to keep swimming. (This would be a good time to give a shout-out to the aforementioned blankie. I have traveled in and out of the country; moved, etc. with this blankie as a constant companion).

There has definitely been a time in my life when joined up with a bunch of turtles and rode the current.... Well, in reality they weren't turtles & we weren't under water. We did however, glide through life with a carefree attitude. I must say, this is were a lot of my best memories of college come from. It is refreshing to just live life without having to worry about the next house payment, bills, etc. Instead there were roadtrips, football games, and lost of fun.

I haven't had to join any kind of anonymous support group.... yet. However, I do feel like the two mantras I have in life: "I love my life" and " I love my job" are very similar to the "Fish are friends, not food" statement. It's like if I say I love my job enough times on the days that I feel like I don't love my job- something will come along and remind me that I do. Fortunately, something always happens to remind me of that. So I will stay steadfast to my mantra and let it keep working its magic.

The two things I look forward to finding parallel in my life are these: obviously to find whatever it is I'm searching for. Secondly, to have something in my life that is parallel to the game where they jump on the tops of the jellyfish. Now, I'm not sure I want the dangerous risk involved in that, but there isn't anyone out there who can honestly say that doesn't look like fun. Just hopping from one little cloud to the next.... I imagine that will kind of be like the honeymoon phase of a relationship.

So for now I leave you with these words of wisdom: just keep swimming; hang out with all the turtles you can; and find a jellyfish to jump on!

I now go back to the movie Sleeping Beauty where they are singing Once Upon A Dream - one of my all-time favorite songs. Now here comes a random tangent... her name is Aurora... I was born in Aurora.... so Prince... I'll just be waiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment