Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Those Pearly Gates

Those Pearly Gates. A place where there are no tears of loneliness, or waiting for the big gesture. What a magnificent place where our entire existence is to magnify and worship our God. We are called to walk like Jesus on this Earth, and our aim to be worthy of honor.

Unfortunately we get side-tracked by this thing called humanity. Our flesh and bone literally can stop us from being able to worship God to our fullest desires; our minds riddled with thoughts of the outside world and sin fighting to win over the good in us. In reality, all that really needs to happen is for a little darkness or doubt to find its home in your heart and things can go downhill from there.

Humanity can also keep us so busy and so focused on our emotions that we forget our ultimate aim is to glorify God here on Earth. Loving someone with a desire to be loved back to the point that you forget what blessings you already have from God sidetracks us.

In order to try and grasp what Heaven must be like, I am trying to grapple with the idea of humanity. There is so much to humanity that one could never write enough about it in one setting. If I were to write about what is currently running through my brain it would be hunger, grief, pain, laughter, and desire. The paradoxical sense of that statement itself is one of the things that, to me, makes humanity so beautiful.

We are only give one shot at humanity, and I know that I have spent too much time being "in the human world" and not enough time thanking my wonderful God for allowing me the opportunity to be human. I would love to think that I am going to spend more time enjoying the blessing that I have, and caring less for the human desires that I may have that are not to God's will. I understand that this will take my entire life to try and master, and that I will never achieve it fully. I take heart in knowing that as I try and follow Jesus's footsteps I am not walking alone. For He will be there by my side the entire way. Worthy of Heaven, I am not...nor will I ever be. Ready for Heaven and a bigger calling... most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment