Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time for Sleep or Reflection

I have found myself up at 4 in the morning quite a few nights now. Believe me this is not a choice. I take enough medicine to help me sleep it would probably put a normal person out for a day. Oh well. The night is a time when the brain uses the body to repair itself. I'm not quite sure how it works....either I need a lot of help, or I am doing really good. :)


I have been very blessed to have 2 friends from another country come to school here this semester. While we have been able to keep in touch via email, skype, instant chat, etc. There is nothing like being able to give them a hug and see by the look on their face how their day has been.

In self-reflection, I know that I tend to forget the importance on personal interaction with others. I have always just been okay with texting, email, etc. But the longer I am away from Oklahoma the more I realize how wrong I am. There are certain people that God brings into your life for a reason. Sometimes this can be for a short time, or a life-time. I believe with Dani, it's for a life-time. We miss out on each other's lives so much. There really aren't words to describe how badly I miss her. She is more than a friend, she's a sister to me. She has always given me the basic down to earth advice I needed, when she knew I really needed it. She also knew when a little fun was just what I needed. So I am now patiently waiting for payday so I can go visit her. I have so much to tell her and to ask her opinion on.

The beginning of this semester has been crazy busy. I have consciously tried to hang out with people more, and that has been a lot easier since the ones I have been around are truly some of the closest friends I have. I am much more comfortable around them, and so this has been a good improvement for me. For me, right now, this is the happiest I have been in a long time. I think because I will be seeing Dani soon, I've been able to spend time with the family, and catch up with some really good friends. Oh, and Mort is back inside again as an in-door/outdoor house dog. Unfortunately, after biting me, Drill Bit ran away. I have tried doing everything I can to look for him, but nothing has worked. That is something that has been not so fun lately.

Now if I could just sleep..........

No comments:

Post a Comment