Thursday, November 11, 2010

Transparency

Some say the eyes are the window to the soul. i know you can tell a lot about a person when you look in their eyes, but I never realized just how much they can give you away. For example, my eyes turn blue when I am extremely sad and crying... no idea why.

I generally would consider myself to be a guarded person. It is something of a survival trait that I have learned with my past. So I find it equally fascinating and disconcerting when someone is able to make an observation about part of you and your life that you thought had been guarded so safely.

A dear friend reassured me today that it was actually okay to let your guard down every once in a while. I think deep in my heart she might be right. I just don't have all the answers, well I don't have any answers, when it comes to this. That's not a situation that I want to be in. I like to at least have an idea of what the answers are going to be.

So after a lot of rambling here is what I have learned. Unlike my previous thoughts...while I may try to guard myself- there are people who have the ability to make observations about me that I am not sure I am even ready to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment