Monday, November 29, 2010

Happiness & Peace

The past 24 hours I have reflected on my blessings. Usually Thanksgiving is the day that people blog about their blessings, but I wasn't around the internet then.

Over the break I was finally able to go back to Oklahoma and spend some much needed time with my best friends back home. We laughed and had all kinds of fun. It was so nice to finally be able to spend a full weekend with them. I get tempted every few months into moving back to Oklahoma. It's not that I don't love my job, and the people that I am around- it's just that I still get homesick. Anyway, hopefully I will be making my way back down there soon. =)

I then got to go to South Carolina with some Amazing people. I was given the opportunity to travel to an area I had never been and observe God's amazing creation. The week allowed me to cook for others (which was great since cooking is a passion of mine), spend time getting to know the people I was with, and getting some much needed rest. South Carolina is a beautiful place, and I would recommend everyone to go there if they have the opportunity.

Since I have been back, I have been able to see some of my family and talk to with a friend I hadn't spoken to in what seemed like forever.

Even though I know God is almighty, I am still awed by the abundance of blessings that He has shown me lately. I am forever grateful for this. It brings an inner peace and happiness. As amazing as things are now, I can't imagine how wonderful it will be when I am with Him one day in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment