Thursday, July 15, 2010

Change is In the Air







CHANGE
So many things are going on in my life right now that it hardly seems fair to keep them to myself. I find it so interesting that people can hear one things or observe one moment in time, and assume that is how it is all of the time. For instance, I am reading this book, and in it the author describes how when someone cuts him off in the middle of the highway, instead of thinking "you jerk" think that it might be a possibility that he has a sick little girl with him, and it is you who are in his way.

That little story is just a beginning to some of the changes in my thinking that I am trying to have lately. I have learned a lot this summer. Not only have I learned and shared information about God's Word, developed relationships with others, but I have also taken the time to start to learn myself a little bit. The three pictures I have posted here are from very different times in my life. Although, you can see me in every single picture. After I finished choosing the pictures, I noticed that the pictures I had chosen all portrayed myself as a blonde. I guess that no matter what the hair color is, and how far I stray from the natural, I will always be a blond at heart. =)


This upcoming school semester is going to be quite a change and challenge for me. So here it is summed up in 3 sentences. I am no longer going to be the Dean of Students. I will continue to teach and be the Director of Disability Services. I am also the International Student Advisor.

I'm guessing some of you might want some more information. Well, here goes. While I loved being the Dean of Students, I truly feel like I can be benefiting the students in a different role. Tom & Missie are more than capable of carrying on the tasks. I would like to have a different type of working relationship with the students. I also see a growing need in the Office of Disabilities that this will give me time to focus on. One of my overall life wishes is to do foreign mission work. Having myself, with the help of Sarah, work with the international students only seemed like the next logical step.

These are changes that I am thrilled about. They did not come from one particular event, actions of one person, but through many hours in prayer and questioning if this is what I really wanted/needed. Sometimes people tend to forget that I haven't had much of my 20's to actually be my age. This is giving me the opportunity to do that. It is also letting me focus on developing better relationships with the students on campus to better serve the school.

As we grow older our priorities change about what we want in life. It just happens that right now my priorities have shifted. I think to serve the students in the best way possible, and keep myself in a good healthy place this is the best move. I have no idea how the next semester will proceed, but i am looking forward to finding out. Now is the time in my life where I want to develop the friendships that will last forever. I want to change other's lives for the better. Who knows, I may even step out there a little bit and go on a date (Missie, I know what you're thinking..and your blind dates will be limited ;P ) This is the time when I can have fun, and enjoying being who I am, and do God's work.

More than anything I love the students, and everything I do - I try to do what is best for them But for a little while.... I'd like to be known as Jeana Rae instead of Dean Wiley.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm so glad you have a blog! I have one too. I also have a link to Mindis blog if you dont have it already. That's a great thought about people who cut you off, i'm going to remember that one. Please read and comment on my blog as well! I love you, cant wait to see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete