Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Head in the Clouds... leads to hard fall

I have always lived my life following the theory that it's okay to be creative, and day dream ... so long as you are able to keep your feet on the ground. It's the last part of the statement that I seem to be having trouble with. And, yes... I have the bruises and scrapes to prove it.

I'm learning, though, at some point we have to keep daydreams down to a minimum (or at least leave them for a rainy day) because if we don't all of the good things in life will pass us by. As humans we aren't talented enough, or at least I'm not, to keep my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground for any long periods of time. Anyway I am far to blessed to always have my head in the clouds.

For some reason a lot of the blessings in my life that I would not ordinarily be consciously aware of have been brought to my attention. I'm very thankful for that. Without truly appreciating the blessings that God has already given me, I am not in a state of being to fully appreciate any further blessings. It makes me think of the parable of the talents. I do not want to be the individual who buries his talent in the ground because he was too scared to do anything with it. I would like to be able to to take the talents and blessings that I have and put them to some great use. I want God to be thankful He chose to give them to me.

This may require that I put a few band-aids on my scrapes and pick myself back up.... but that is something I happen to be talented with. I guess we'll see what happens......

No comments:

Post a Comment