Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's a Cold & It's a Broken Hallelujah

"love is not a victory march, it's a cold and broken hallelujah."

Funny how a movie about a huge green ogre can have some amazing music for the soundtrack. I was spending some quality time with the man in my life (he just happens to be my sweet lil nephew.. not quite 2 yet) watching Shrek and a song came on titled Hallelujah. It has quite possible one of my favorite lines for a song in it.. "love is not a victory march, it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah."

This might be one of the truest descriptions of love that I have ever heard. If a person is lucky enough to find love, actual love and not some lie... well they learn firsthand exactly how the road of love is. It's beautiful, heartbreaking, and when it's real... worth it all.

2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up. It's so true! I love that song. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you in my blog...do it if'n you want to!

    ReplyDelete